Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The White Stripes Call It A Day

After 14 years of blues soaked rock The White Stripes have called it a day explaining that they would like to keep the music and the memories pure. I first got in to The White Stripes in 2003 when they released their widely popular album Elephant, with the singles Seven Nation Army and The Hardest Button To Button. When I first heard the opening riff in Seven Nation Army i was hooked. The simple riff just sounded so badass that i needed to hear more. The song explodes when the duet enters the breakdown. You can not help but shake your head. I started going backwards in the catalog and bought White Blood Cells, which is now my favourite. It opens with Dead Leaves On The Dirty Ground, a raw but tender song that captures The White Stripes so well. Fell In Love With A Girl is such a rocking song that you find yourself tapping you foot and nodding your head. Each song on each album by The White Stripes makes you want to pick up the guitar and start a band. Jack White is the perfect leader that gives off the "I dont give a f**k" persona that attracts you to the band.

The White Stripes showed so may people blues and got them hooked, me included. They never lost their roots through out their career, which is something a lot of bands do through the years. I guess we can still enjoy Jack in his other musical ventures but it will never be the same as with Meg. The simple drums and guitar, rhythm and melody. They captured our hearts. The world morns the lost of one of the most influential blues/rock acts of the 2000's

Alex Plota

No comments:

Post a Comment